Almost as soon as the danger cleared from tornadoes that stuck Saturday night in eastern Collin County, relief efforts started to help the victims.
In fact, some outlets redirected those wanting to provide assistance because they were almost immediately overwhelmed. However, help is still needed for the area.
- Donate to Salvation Army – by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY or by going to salvationarmydfw.org.
- Donate to the American Red Cross at www.redcross.org.
- Give your spare change at Kroger Supermarkets, which then will be donated to the American Red Cross.
- Give a dollar to Brookshire’s in Farmersville, which will be donated to local disaster relief efforts.
- In Rowlett, donations are being spearheaded by Lakepointe Church.To donate go to lakepointe.org and click on disaster relief efforts.
- The Collin County Sheriff’s Association has set up a sight for collection efforts named Collin Officers Disaster Relief. To donate go to https://www.gofundme.com/nfgkzfrw.
Providing assistance is a disaster resource center opened last week by Collin County at First Baptist Church of Farmersville. Anyone still wanting to donate gift cards or money can do so by calling the church at 972-782-8428. No other donations are being accepted at this time.
In Garland, visit the site garlandtx.recovers.org to see what the needs are, how to give and how to volunteer.
In Sachse, 5 Loaves Food Pantry at 4401 Williford Road is providing food and everyday essentials to tornado victims.
Money and other items can be donated at rowlett.recovers.org
If you have found personal possessions (photos, jewelry, albums) please post a photo on this site: interactives.dallasnews.com/2015/lost-found
The State Bar of Texas legal hotline — (800) 504-7030 — is available to help connect victims of the December 26 North Texas tornadoes with legal aid providers in their area.
- Up to $1,000 in assistance is now available to victims of the storms on Dec. 26 through he MetroTex Association of Realtors. Residents of Collin, Dallas, Ellis, and Rockwall counties whose primary residences were damaged or destroyed by the storm may apply.
Applications for relief will begin to be processed as soon as they are received. If you were affected by this disaster and need assistance, download the application for relief now athttp://bit.ly/1YRfQOm.