A residential fire involving a mobile home on County Road 600 was extinguished Tuesday evening, Dec. 6, by the Farmersville Fire Department.
The fire was contained to the kitchen area, but smoke damage affected the entire home.
Chief Greg Massey said the fire was ruled accidental by the county fire marshal and started as a grease fire on the kitchen stove.
“We received the call at 4:37 p.m. and put out the fire within 15 minutes of receiving it,” said Massey.
No injuries to the residents or emergency personnel were reported.
Farmersville FD was primary responder and Princeton and Nevada fire departments assisted.
This was the third fire in or near Farmersville since the beginning of the month. The earlier two involved J&S Plating on Dec. 1 and a residential fire on CR 558 on Dec. 4 that resulted in a fatality.